Over $1 million raised for victims of disasters.
In times of severe humanitarian disasters, JAA mobilizes the Jewish community to respond as a community to those suffering in their time of need. Our appeal efforts have been generously supported by Jewish communities across Australia.
- Typhoon Haiyan Appeal 2013: JAA is currently running an appeal for victims of the horrific Typhoon that has ripped through Phillipines. Click here to support.
- NSW Bushfires 2013: JAA is currently running an appeal for victims of the Bushfires in NSW 2013. Please click here to support.
- Victorian Bushfires: $450,000 was raised for victims of the Victorian bushfires in 2009. These funds were donated to VicRelief Foodbank who now run a daily breakfast program at 18 schools in bushfire affected areas.
- Haiti Earthquake: After the earthquake erupted in Haiti on 12th January 2010, we launched a community wide appeal to raise funds for the victims of this tragedy. $140,000 was raised in just two weeks and sent to CARE Australia. CARE’s immediate response reached more than 300,000 earthquake survivors with items such as emergency shelter materials, hygiene kits, newborn kits, food and safe water.
- Boxing Day Tsunami: When the tsunami hit off the West Coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, $200,000 was raised for victims of this catastrophe which was donated to CARE’s relief efforts.
- Australian Floods: During the Australian floods $140,000 was raised. $100 000 went to the Queensland premiers Appeal and $40,000 went to assist in recovery efforts in Toomelah and Boggabilla
Our appeal efforts have been generously supported by Jewish communities all around Australia. Click here to read how the decision is made whether to run an appeal or not.